Friday, January 23, 2009

A Most Unusual Day!

It is a day worth noting. A day I never imagined.

As I become more and more disenchanted with the type of storytelling by and overall direction of DC Comics these days, the outrageously irresponsible gaps between issues that have plagued Image’s Savage Dragon and certain DC Comics in recent years (...Consider the catastrophicly disruptive delays that plagued "Last Son" in ACTION COMICS, for instance), and the irregular publishing schedule of Gemstone’s Disney comics, the day has finally come that I have ordered NO NEW COMIC BOOKS THIS WEEK!

Nope, not a one!

This is the first week since 1982 that this has been the case!

There’s just not enough to interest me anymore… and they cost too much for too little return.

Don’t feel bad for me, though. I have decades worth of old and relatively recent comics to read. Enough reading to last me for the rest of my life. And, I will still buy some new comics. I may never give them up completely… but there will be fewer and fewer from now on.

And this is the first week in 27 years that there have been none!

Yes, this was a most unusual day!

No comments: