Thursday, July 1, 2010

“Time To Retire It: The Issue At Hand APA and Fanzine Column!”


At a certain point, you find yourself “retiring” certain things. And… And…

Aw, as long as we’re retiring things, let’s just cut to the announcement as it will appear in TIAH # 96, published in the July, 2010 issue of the APA Grassroot Reflections.


Welcome to The Issue at Hand # 96. TIAH # 100 is about a year away, and that’s as good a time as any to pack it in!

Yes, I know you’re stunned. Perhaps even overwrought with grief. I understand. It wasn’t easy for me either. Naah! Actually it was very easy – and a matter of “numbers”.

Now that I’ll officially reach the milestone of 100 columns, it’s the perfect time to retire. It’s not as if I have much of a shot at 200, and no chance whatsoever at 1,000 – so, per the unofficial rules of our numbers-obsessed culture, The Issue at Hand, as an APA and Fanzine column, will be coming to an end.

TIAH Blog will still carry on, for those who will miss our quarterly meetings – all 2 or 3 of you. And, in truth, I’ve produced FAR MORE than 100 columns, given the number of “Specials” and “Non-Numbered Columns”, since TIAH’s beginning in 1994. So, the “100th Installment” is little more than a signpost, telling me to “Exit Here”.

And exit, I will. In four more columns – one of which may not appear in Grassroot Reflections. It’s been a great and wonderful experience, and I thank all of you for putting up with me for so long.

No comments: