Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ryan’s Express Rolls Thru New England! Jets 28 Pats 21.

Rex Ryan’s New York Jets moved one step closer to the Super Bowl with a 28-21 road victory over arch rival the New England Patriots!

The Jets played a great game all around, with standout performances by quarterback Mark Sanchez, backs LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene, receivers Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Jerricho Cotchery, -- and the entire defensive team!

The defense was particularly effective in forcing fumbles, turnovers, and keeping constant pressure on Pats quarterback Tom Brady! Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie neutralized Brady’s receivers.

Now, it’s on to the AFC Championship game vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Reviewing my Blog posts for the last seven days, it’s been quite a happy week for me, severe snowstorms notwithstanding! Here’s to 2011! You’re off to a great start!

3 comments:

Chris Barat said...

Joe,

Great win by the Jets. Obviously, Nicky is even more pleased than I am.

Chris

GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

I definitely favored the Jets over the soulless, robotic Patriots. Only thing is, I was kinda counting on them soullessly and robotically running over the intensely-hated Steelers next week. If New York can manage this instead, great, and I'll be happy to root for them in the Super Bowl; if not, I may have to write a very sternly-worded letter to the editor.

Joe Torcivia said...

“Soulless, robotic Patriots”? I LOVE IT!!!

I work with a hardcore Steelers fan, and the last thing I told him on Friday was: “My wish is that YOU get to host a HOME GAME!” Turns out to be true… and WE’RE in it!

Oh, and nobody “writes letters to the editor” anymore! Once *I* stopped, that was the end of it!

Though, you’re always invited to write letters to the editor of this Blog!