Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hey, Bloggers! Anyone Else Having This Problem?


 
Friday, January 04, 2013

The photo upload icon is not appearing for some users on Internet Explorer. We're investigating the issue and will update this post as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, you can workaround this issue by using a different browser (such as Chrome or Firefox) or temporarily switching to the Edit HTML mode of the compose editor.

 
After the FUTURAMA post, I suddenly found that I could no longer upload images from my “Pictures” Desktop Library into new Blog posts. 

I tried it on different computers, to conclude that the fault was not with my own computer. 

Then, I found the message from Google reproduced above from http://knownissues.blogspot.com/

The “1939 HEADLINES” post was created by adding images via “Edit HTML” mode, as they suggest. 

But, it is VERY difficult and tedious to do within long post, such as I am wont to do.  So, longer posts will be on hold for a while, until Google clears this up. 

No Humphrey Bogart’s “King of the Underworld”, or the long-promised WAGON TRAIN post, and a number of other things I have saved up, waiting to properly format and illustrate.  I will do a series of shorter ones in the interim, fear not. 

So, anyone else run into this issue?  Share your experiences here.  …Not that it’ll help, or anything! 
 

3 comments:

Chris Barat said...

Joe,

I just uploaded a post with two images and a YouTube -- no problems. Perhaps the issue has been fixed?

Chris

Anonymous said...

I've had fewer problems with Firefox than with IE but I don't know of any browser that is 100% dependable. And my neighbor's experience seems to be the opposite ("Firefox can't find the server at soandso.com.")

Joe Torcivia said...

Anon: The funny thing is, I’ve never had this issue before early this week – and I’ve always used IE. So, since beginning this Blog in 2008 – and up through now – something has changed, either in IE or in Blogger.

Chris: YouTube is done using “Edit HTML” (haven’t done one in a long time, but I’ll assume it’s still so), and I’ll also assume you uploaded the other two illustrations in the conventional manner – so maybe you just don’t have the problem. Your operating system level or sumpthin’? It does say that the upload icon does not appear “…for some users”. It could be ANY combination of factors – with enough of us experiencing it for it to become a “known issue” to Google.

This is my complaint IN GENERAL (with my job, my home equipment including a Blu-ray player, and now even things like Blogger) is that there are now TOO MANY DIFFERENT AND INDEPENDENT PIECES that have to coexist in a precise fashion in order for things to work properly. That’s what seems to be the case here.

There is no update from Google on this issue, as of my posting this comment.